Thursday, April 16, 2009

Our Kids

OK, my kids have been complaining that we have not posted for a long time. I tell them that is because we are not traveling and we have not done much lately. Our lives are pretty boring right now. We are in the in-between season in northern Michigan and it is too cool to start things outside and obviously too warm (translate to no snow) to do any winter activities. So, we have boring lives and nothing of interest to post.

However, I do have something to say about our kids, sons-in-law and grandkids. In short...they are great! When we see the blog posts they make (check them out by going there from our blog) it is clear that our daughters love one another and have fun in life. Times may be tough but they make the best of life and smile and laugh through it. I am so very proud of my kids. They are wonderful individuals who are caring and thoughtful. Each has such special talents and gifts that make me grin and get misty-eyed when I think about them or see them in their pictures.

Our sons-in-law are good hearted people who love our daughters. The are good, loving fathers to our grandkids. They are nice human beings. A father cannot ask for more.

And, our grandkids...what can I say? They are simply beautiful. Their smiles light up a room. They are healthy, active, beautiful children.

It seems impossible that our kids could all end up so well. I was an absentee Dad much of the time with my job responsibilities. But, they had a great Mother. God did bless us warmly with our family. I am forever grateful.

1 comment:

Masons said...

Okay so that totally made me cry (I can't imagine what Erin will do when she reeds it)! I have to say that if we are even half of what you say it's because we had two great parents. Love you!